Discover how Serica Scar Formula improves the appearance of scars.
With its high levels of skin-friendly behenic acid, Pracaxi oil may be the Amazon rainforest’s best-kept secret. You can now reap its rewards with Serica, a new line of skin care products that deliver dramatic results – and feel as good as they work.
- Serica is the first commercially available skin care line that features Pracaxi oil, a highly moisturizing ingredient derived from the seed of the Pentaclethra macroloba (Pracaxi) tree found in the Amazon rainforest
- Serica’s patented semipermeable silicone polymer network provides skin barrier protection and reduces water loss while allowing oxygenation
- Many of the products on the market today are sticky, greasy or tacky; take a long time to dry; and/or stain clothes and furniture – all of which may prevent the continued use that leads to satisfactory results for patients
- Serica was developed to be quick-drying and nonstaining with a silky, nongreasy feel to encourage use and increase the chances for the ingredients to create positive results
Scar Formula Mode of Action
Silicone elastomer provides adhesion, long-lasting moisturization and protection.
Pracaxi oil’s unique fatty acid composition promotes a healing, soothing and nurturing environment.
1. Banov, D., Banov, F., & Bassani, A. S. (2014). Case Series: The Effectiveness of Fatty Acids from Pracaxi Oil in a Topical Silicone Base for Scar and Wound Therapy. Dermatology and Therapy, 4(2), 259–269. http://doi.org/10.1007/s13555-014-0065-y