Pracaxi oil in Serica Moisturizing Scar and Stretch Mark Formulas make a dramatic difference in the look of scars and stretch marks.
Results your patients will love.
Developed by scientists, Serica's proprietary formulas harness the best of science and nature to make a dramatic difference for skin.
Both formulas feature a proprietary blend of:
- Pracaxi oil: This highly moisturizing ingredient, derived from the seed of the Pentaclethra macroloba (Pracaxi) tree found in the Amazon rainforest, has long been used by indigenous communities for skin care
- Silicones: Serica’s patented semipermeable silicone polymer network provides skin barrier protection and reduces water loss while allowing oxygenation
Our Moisturizing Scar Formula also contains:
- Phospholipids: These naturally derived compounds are thought to help restore the skin’s barrier function and are an excellent source of hydration
- Oenocarpus bataua fruit oil (moisturizing scar formula): Also known as patauá oil, this Amazonian oil, rich in fatty acids, acts as powerful moisturizing agent and may promote skin elasticity
- Macadamia nut oil derivatives: High in linoleic acid, macadamia nut oil may help restore the skin’s barrier function and reduce water loss
Our Moisturizing Stretch Mark Formula also contains:
- Plukenetia volubilis seed oil (moisturizing stretch mark formula): Also known as sacha inchi oil, this is high in linoleic acid, which is thought to help even out skin tone
- Derivatives of Centella asiatica (moisturizing stretch mark formula): Rich in amino acids, beta carotene, fatty acids and phytochemicals, these Madagascan ingredients help promote firmness and improve skin elasticity
- Sodium hyaluronate (moisturizing stretch mark formula): This natural humectant is thought to preserve elasticity and firmness of the skin with its moisture-retention properties, resulting in improved skin softness as well as a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance
Serica Moisturizing Scar Formula has been proven to reduce the appearance of scars as well as the leading scar product in a randomized, double-blind study, which also yielded the following results:
- Subject with a 1-year old hypertrophic surgical scar reported the thickness, color and overall scar severity were improved after one week of treatment with Serica
- The test subjects using Serica reported greater improvement in the way the scar felt
- The test subjects using Serica reported results sooner than the comparative product
Download the research:
- Case Series: The Effectiveness of Fatty Acids from Pracaxi Oil in a Topical Silicone Base for Scar and Wound Therapy
- Many of the products on the market today are sticky, greasy or tacky; take a long time to dry; and/or stain clothes and furniture. This may prevent the continued use that leads to satisfactory results for patients
- Serica was developed to be quick-drying and non-staining with a silky, non-greasy feel to encourage patient use and increase the chances for the ingredients to create positive results
- Skin care providers can encourage compliance among patients thanks to Serica’s highly elegant feel
- Banov, D., Banov, F., & Bassani, A. S. (2014). Case Series: The Effectiveness of Fatty Acids from Pracaxi Oil in a Topical Silicone Base for Scar and Wound Therapy. Dermatology and Therapy, 4(2), 259–269. http://doi.org/10.1007/s13555-014-0065-y