Pracaxi oil in Serica Moisturizing Scar Formula makes a dramatic difference in the look of scars.
Results your patients will love.
Developed by scientists, Serica's proprietary formulas harness the best of science and nature to make a dramatic difference for skin.
Both formulas feature a proprietary blend of:
- Pracaxi oil: This highly moisturizing ingredient, derived from the seed of the Pentaclethra macroloba (Pracaxi) tree found in the Amazon rainforest, has long been used by indigenous communities for skin care
- Silicones: Serica’s patented semipermeable silicone polymer network provides skin barrier protection and reduces water loss while allowing oxygenation
Our Moisturizing Scar Formula also contains:
- Phospholipids: These naturally derived compounds are thought to help restore the skin’s barrier function and are an excellent source of hydration
- Oenocarpus bataua fruit oil (moisturizing scar formula): Also known as patauá oil, this Amazonian oil, rich in fatty acids, acts as powerful moisturizing agent and may promote skin elasticity
- Macadamia nut oil derivatives: High in linoleic acid, macadamia nut oil may help restore the skin’s barrier function and reduce water loss
Serica Moisturizing Scar Formula has been proven to reduce the appearance of scars as well as the leading scar product in a randomized, double-blind study, which also yielded the following results:
- Subject with a 1-year old hypertrophic surgical scar reported the thickness, color and overall scar severity were improved after one week of treatment with Serica
- The test subjects using Serica reported greater improvement in the way the scar felt
- The test subjects using Serica reported results sooner than the comparative product
Download the research:
- Case Series: The Effectiveness of Fatty Acids from Pracaxi Oil in a Topical Silicone Base for Scar and Wound Therapy
- Many of the products on the market today are sticky, greasy or tacky; take a long time to dry; and/or stain clothes and furniture. This may prevent the continued use that leads to satisfactory results for patients
- Serica was developed to be quick-drying and non-staining with a silky, non-greasy feel to encourage patient use and increase the chances for the ingredients to create positive results
- Skin care providers can encourage compliance among patients thanks to Serica’s highly elegant feel
- Banov, D., Banov, F., & Bassani, A. S. (2014). Case Series: The Effectiveness of Fatty Acids from Pracaxi Oil in a Topical Silicone Base for Scar and Wound Therapy. Dermatology and Therapy, 4(2), 259–269. http://doi.org/10.1007/s13555-014-0065-y